Monday 26 February 2007

Week Four: Masturbation


I don't have a problem myself with masturbation, but I couldn't talk to my friends or family about it. It's a private thing for me. I talk to my boyfriend about it, but then he's in that part of my life and we do stuff together like that, all the time.

I think it's time society moved with the times. We should start to talk about things more in the open, encourage young people that what they're doing isn't wrong and that they can do it if they want to. Thinking about how society responds to the subject of masturbation, makes me think of the 60's family and the mom and dad's in separate beds, and only doing it on a Wednesday. Why is it so bad? If it's something we're supposed to do, and do it from a young age from instinct, doesn't that mean then that we're suppposed to masturbate?

But then it does ask the question, why can't we talk about it without laughing?

1 comment:

Will Fielding said...

Yeah, your right! masturbation is a touchy subject! But its always going to be an awkward subject to talk about if you ask me, although theres no real reason why it should be so taboo...as its as natural as scratching an itch apparently.