Monday 19 February 2007

Smoking


My dad has been smoking since... I don't know, probably his teens. My mom used to smoke but now smokes the odd one when it suits her, mostly when she's had a bit to drink. My Gran also smokes. I think my Gran could hold a record for how many cigarettes she smokes in one week. I think she had about 300 hundred in one week, which is just bad but she hasn't got much else. My Grandpa, before he died, used to smoke a pipe. I can understand why my people in my smoke. When they were younger, it was seen as the thing to do in those days. But for me, the society's do's and don't's have changed dramatically. It's now the thing, if you smoke then you're just stupid.
I tried smoking when I was younger and did it, I guess since I was about twelve till I was about eighteen. My fiance is an ex-smoker himself, but didn't smoke as long as I did. I stopped smoking mostly for him, so he didn't feel like he had to smoke or would be tempted. These days, I only really smoke when I'm really stressed out or I've had a few to drink. My parents never used to know that I smoked and as far as I know my mother still doesn't know that I did. My dad thought I might had been and didn't really know until 2006 Christmas, when I was in our local pub seeing some old friends, had a few to drink and had a cigarette, and he happened to be there.
I don't mind people who smoke and can't really see why they should be banned from smoking outside. The way it is going, smokers won't be able to even smoke in there back gardens or homes. I think the nation is just one big hypochondria. People ought to live, instead of worrying about smoke.

No comments: